Today is episode is to help you figure out why your vocal exercises go dreamily, but the songs don’t seem to come so easily.
Listen here on audio:
Or watch here on video:
Here’s a quick summary of what to expect!
- Are your scales and exercises mimicking enough song structure, like mixed interval patterns, rhythms, tempos, and vowel/consonant combos?
- Could unhelpful mental images be screwing you over when you get to the tune?
- What’s the science behind how the mind and body figure out how to transfer learning from scale to song?
- Nerdy article cited – Motor Learning Principles and Voice Pedagogy: Theory and Practice by Christine Bergan (Journal of Singing 2010 )
The Naked Vocalist website guru. Years of experience in fixing websites, uploading stuff and belting out high C's. All whilst swinging from a tree.
Latest posts by Naked Web Monkey (see all)
- MFDR – Four letters that help explain vocal power! - July 6, 2017
- Voice Metaphors – Why They Work & Why They Don’t! - April 21, 2017
- The Bottom End – Training Chest Voice & The Low Range - December 22, 2016